Buying a home is probably the most important investment that you will make in your lifetime, for this reason, special care and consideration must be taken every step of the way.
Finding just the right home can be quite an exciting adventure, especially when you know the basics ahead of time.
Get a mortgage pre-approval
- Before purchasing a home we have to make sure a Bank will loan you the money.
- Through this process, a lender will review your finances in great detail and will pre-approve you for a certain amount.
- A Pre-approval can give you a leg up during the offer process, especially when multiple buyers are competing for the house. When you've been pre-approved by a mortgage lender, it's the next best thing to having the money in hand.
- I can connect you with mortgage specialists to make sure you are taken care of.
We go shopping
- Shopping will help us to narrow down your wish list as best as we can.
- Let me know the “criteria” of your dream home and I will send you back several listings, then off we go to view the properties you desire.
We found it…your perfect home!
- We put in an offer, along with a deposit cheque (5-10k) to hold the property.
- The offer has the date in which we want to close (move-in) and any conditions (i.e. conditional on Financing approval and satisfactory Inspection)
- Once the offer is accepted, your new home is “Sold Conditionally”
- We book a Home Inspection and contact your Lender to move forward on your mortgage.
- Once all Conditions are met, we give the accepted offer to your Lawyer for the “final touches”
(*Remember to put aside approximately 1.5% of the purchase price of the home for closing costs: legal fees, land transfer costs, home insurance, adjustments, moving expenses, etc.)