The resale market kicks off 2011 with a slow albeit steady foundation. The number of properties sold through the TorontoMLS system in Durham Region in January 2011 was slightly less than January 2010. Growth is expected in the coming months as the weather warms up.
I have put together various TorontoMLS system statistics for all of Durham Region and also for Whitby, Brooklin and Oshawa comparing January 2011 with January 2010.
· The Durham Regional area had 1000 Sales in January 2011 compared to 1123 Sales in January 2010
· The average price for a home in the Region of Durham in January 2011 was $332,396 compared to $313,741 in 2010.
· The number of days it took to sell a home in Durham Region in January 2011 was 36 days compared to 29 in January 2010.
· The average price for a home in Whitby in January 2011 was $321,435 compared to $293,111 in 2010.
· Oshawa had 149 Sales in January 2011 compared to 132 Sales in January 2010
· The number of days it took to sell a Brooklin home in January 2011 was 28 days compared to 26 in January 2010.
For further statistics, go to http://www.lj4homes.com/whitby-brooklin-oshawa-homes-houses-for-sale-realtor.html
For more information or to contact LJ visit http://www.lj4homes.com/