WANTED…more homes for sale in Durham Region!!
According to the Toronto Real Estate Board statistics for Durham Region there were 341 less new homes fresh on the market this month (February 2011) than in the same month last year (February 2010).
Durham Region has buyers but, where are the sellers? Sure it’s still chilly outside and although March is here the promise of spring still seems to be in the distance. Guess what?...This could be one of the BEST times to put your home on the market. What better than a market full of buyers eager to buy a home with their mortgage pre-approval in hand!
So if you’re thinking of waiting until the Spring blooms burst through the garden ground before you call your Durham Region Realtor, you may miss out.
I have put together a mixture of Toronto MLS system statistics comparing February 2011 with February 2010 and this time I have included February 2009 numbers as well.
- The Durham Regional area had 1342 Sales in February 2011 compared to 1623 Sales in February 2010 and 1030 in 2009.
- The average price for a home in the Region of Durham in February 2011 was $349,940 compared to $326,461 in 2010 or $291,508 in 2009.
- The number of days it took to sell a home in Durham Region in February 2011 was 27 days compared to 24 in February 2010 or 44 days in February 2009.
- The number of days it took to sell a Whitby home in February 2011 was 23 days compared to 17 in February 2010 or 37 days in February 2009.
- Oshawa had 170 Sales in February 2011 compared to 215 Sales in February 2010 and 132 in 2009.
- The average price for a home in Brooklin in February 2011 was $350,947 compared to $382,956 in 2010 or $303,580 in 2009.
For more detailed statistics go to http://www.lj4homes.com/brooklin-whitby-oshawa-housing-market-homes-for-sale.html
To contact LJ visit www.LJ4Homes.com